3/31/12

new soap supplies

I am going to make new soap this weekend. I finally received my orders in the mail this week. I bought Fench green clay from Portugal, and I also bought French pink clay, which is supposed to be the mildest clay.
The green clay I will use for the prickly pear soap, and the pink clay for the pomegranate shaving soap. I hope it will color the soap accordingly. That would look very nice. I am still debating if I should get the yellow clay for the dandelion root soap!?
I will have to make lots of soap before April 13th, so I have a lot in stock. I am going to have major surgery on my right arm, and will basically be out of commission for a few months. The doctor gave me a recovery time of 3-4 months, with NO use of my arm during that entire time. Not good!! That means no new jewelry, no mosaics, no painting. That is going to drive me crazy. What am I going to do with myself for that time period? I guess I will have to do a lot of thrifting, that is if I can drive myself. Looks like I better start making a list of activities I can do while laid up.
I am also trying to decide if I should close my Etsy shop for a while, but I think with the help of my family and friends, I can still run it and just have them package the orders for me. We shall see how that works out!
Oh, and I messed up one of the circuit board pendants shown in the previous post. As usual the resin ended up with a big air bubble in one of them, even though I followed directions to the t. I HAVE to find another resin besides the Magic-Glos. I tried to use the torch as suggested to get the bubble out, and all it did was mess up the pendant even further.
Well, nothing I can do about it now. On to making soap! Pictures will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment