8/26/12

Exciting Thrift Store Finds

On Saturdays, I usually do laundry and clean the house in the morning. This Saturday, I really did not feel like it at all and when my friend Judy texted me and asked me if I wanted to go thrifing, I was happy to be able to escape my chores.
And it was a good thing I went, because I found the most beautiful teaset. It is a dragonware tea set, with a geisha lithophane on the bottom of each cup. The set has 6 cups and saucers, one tea pot, one creamer, one sugar bowl, and six luncheon plates and so far all of them seem to be in great condition.
I will give them a closer examination tomorrow, and I will also take some pictures and post them.
I also found 3 Royal Halsey tea cups in equally great condition. Pictures coming soon, too. Boosted by my success yesterday, I decided to stop by our nearest Savers today, and found 4 Otagiri goblets in the Horizon pattern, one Otagiri sugar bowl in the Mariner pattern and a porcelain cameo, depicting a couple. The front says Fragonart, and the back says "made in France, Limoges". A very nice piece, too.
In the coming weeks I will go through all my thrift store finds and start listing them in my Etsy store. I have accumulated boxes full of treasures and it is getting harder to part with them every day. If this keeps up, I will be one of the people in the television series Hoarders! I have a bunch of boxes in our bedroom, which is really not where they belong. I need to get the stuff out of the house and into my studio, which is a 500 square foot pool house. I have already partially built my office area, but then had to quit because of my arm surgery. I feel good enough to do at least some minor woodworking to at least finish the desk and shelves. I probably shouldn't, but I need to focus my energy on something other than thrifting, or we will be buried alive.
I also would like to build a 5 foot wide pantry area with wire shelves in the kitchen area, so I have a designated and larger space to cure my soaps. Let's hope my arm is up to it.
Well, enough for today. I have to get some rest, because I made myself tired with all that work I was talking about.
Like I said, pictures of my finds will be posted within the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment