9/26/12

Hand Painted Cup with Gnomes and Mushrooms

Yesterday I finally got around to painting a coffee cup with gnomes, mushrooms and flowers. I had been thinking about doing this for quite a while, but have never sat down and actually done it. So here it is. I am planning on selling it as part of a shaving kit, along with my cold process shaving soap and a red shaving brush, which might have white polka dots. I still have to test the cup, respectively the durability of the paint before I list it in my etsy store, because I do not want to sell any inferior products. The paint I purchased said that once cured, it would be dishwasher safe, but I find that hard to believe. I think the best way to handle the cup is to handwash it.
I am currently obsessed with gnomes, so if this paint meets my expectations, there will be many more cups featuring gnomes and other fairy folk.



1 comment:

  1. So I put this cup through a rigorous test, I tried to scratch off the paint, I scrubbed it with a scouring pad etc. Unfortunately, some of the paint on the mushroom came off. So I repainted the areas, heat set the paint again and now the paint stays on. I also painted another cup with the same scene, heat set the paint and this one survived the "quality control test" without any problems. Looks like I am going to keep the first cup for myself, since the colors, especially the red, darkened while being repeatedly heated
    up.

    ReplyDelete