1/15/13

Back Blogging

I realize I have not updated my blog in months, so here is what I have been up to.
I have been working on building a desk in our pool house, so I have something to work on other than the makeshift table I have been using. I am combining a metal two-drawer file cabinet with 3 drawers from an old youth bed and then I am topping the entire creation with an 8 feet long by 24 inches deep piece of plywood. So far I have managed to build the sides and make the drawer fronts out of leftover wood from an old cabinet. I also used left over plywood from a mosaic project for the top and back of the cabinet. The area the desk will go in is clearly visible in the picture below. The cabinet will be situated as shown in the picture and then when the desk top is installed I will have a nice area where I can put the desk chair.

I will post pictures of my progress.

I also dragged home a beautiful vintage dresser that I will have to refinish and 4 solid wood Drexel Heritage dining room chairs. I will post pictures of those items in the next few days.
Now I will have to go work on my future desk and also make a new batch of soap. I have decided to make a new kind: Spearmint shampoo body and facial soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment