2/1/13

Recent Thrift Store Finds

So I went thrifting again, or "treasure hunting" as I like to call it. I came across a multitude of beautiful items and really had to control myself not to purchase every single one of them, since the inside of our house is starting to look like a rummage sale. My husband says I am a borderline horder, which of course is an exaggeration, but I have to admit, it is not exactly normal to have vintage cups all over the bedroom floor. Granted, normal is in the eye of the beholder, and the cups are just on one side of the room and there is still plenty of space, but I have to start listing, organizing and boxing these items before it really gets out of hand. So here is a long list of the most recent finds. I do not have pictures of all of them, but will keep posting pictures as I take them. They will be listed for sale in my Etsy store soon, unless of course I become attached to them, which I won't deny, has happened in the past.
3 Prill, Sheffield, England, porcelain handled knives
2 Otagiri seagull mugs
1 aqua and white striped tea set (2 cups, sugar and creamer) made in Japan
4 Kutahya, turkish coffee cups and saucers
a very heavy Art Noveau silver plated vanity set (mirror and brush)
1 Royal Halsey tea cup and saucer, very pretty

3 oval gold leaved botanical pictures, hand made in Italy (actually my daughter bought these for her Etsy store )
4 Floralp Tyrol, pressed flower pictures, made in Austria, also in my daughter's Etsy Store.
She should be listing them soon, but she is an architecture student, and as such does not have a life, respectively time to do anything but school work.

Any way, here are pictures of some of the items.





No comments:

Post a Comment