3/15/13

Craft Room/ Office Furniture Progress Update





Well, it took me a while, but I have finished the base for my studio desk and as you can see in the picture, it looks pretty good. I had to paint it 3 times, since I did not put a thick enough coat of primer on it to cover the woodgrain of the drawer fronts. I found the half round cup handles at Target in a pack of 6 for $19.99, which was cheaper than at Lowes or the Home Depot.
The project went well until I tried to attach a 2X2 to horizontally to the wall as a base for the 8 foot by 2 foot desk top I want to install. It just so happens that the electrical wires run horizontally at EXACTLY the height that I need to attach the 2x2, so now I can't drill into that area, because the wall studs have metal protectors on them, plus even if they did not, I do not want to chance drilling into the electrical wire.
So now it is back to the drawing board and coming up with a still good looking alternative on how to attach those supports. I can think of a few, but none of them are really that attractive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment