7/8/15

I am back!

I did not realize it has been that long since I last wrote anything in this blog! It has been over a year and a half!
Well, during that time I took on a public art piece, built in Ikea "Billy" shelves, refinished a side table, dragged home numerous other pieces of furniture that still need to be refinished, found a lot of beautiful items at thrift stores and made a lot of soap.
The public art piece took over a year from conception to completion, and, as it always happens when I take on a big project, took over my entire life. During the time I worked on the mosaic called Partners, my household was completely neglected, and even though I finished at the beginning of this year, I am still trying to deal with the fallout. Oh what a mess!
If you would like to see pictures of the project, here is the link:
PARTNERS MOSAIC

Here are some of the pictures of the numerous other projects I have completed and some of the items I have found while thrifting.

Imperial Glass Lace Edged Katy Blue cups circa 1935




Two vintage Noritake lustreware plates in exceptional condition from the 1910s


A Rosenthal bowl with a sterling silver foot, also like new.



8 pristine W.H. Grindley "Sunday Morning" cereal bowls that appear to have never been used

The list of finds goes on and on, so much, that I have dedicated one of the spare bedrooms to store all of my treasures. Hopefully I will find the time to take pictures and list them in MY ETSY STORE soon. 

This is a Drexel side table I found at my local Goodwill store for $7. It had lots of stains and rough areas and needed a lot of attention. With some wood filler, oil based primer, a lot of sanding, several cans of spray paint, 4 casters and two handles I had left over from the desk I built in my studio, it turned out pretty well. 


BEFORE

AFTER


Some pics of the built in Ikea Billy shelves. Please keep in mind the pictures were taken with an older phone, so the quality is not as good as I would like it.
There are many tutorials on how to build in these bookcases, so I did not deem it necessary to provide step by step instructions. 















No comments:

Post a Comment