9/12/15

New Batch of Shaving Soap and Shave Soap Sticks

While making a new batch of Lemongrass, Dandelion Root & Shea Butter shaving soap today, I decided to try and make a couple of  shave sticks.
I simply poured some of the soap into two deodorant tubes I had purchased a while back to make deodorant and sunscreen and lotion sticks. I am curious to see how this works out.  I wonder how long it will take to cure, since it is surrounded by plastic and there is no air getting to it. I guess I should push the soap up after it has hardened a bit to make sure it can dry?
I like the fact that the soap is much more portable and less prone to be left in the shower in a puddle of water, so it turns into a yucky blob.
I have never tried to shave with a shave stick, so it will be a new experience for me.
I will keep you posted on how the project turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment