8/26/15

Yogurt Soap Rebatch

A couple of weeks ago, I made a batch of Yogurt Honey Soap. It was the first time I had tried out the recipe, so I made a small trial batch, which was a good thing, because the soap stayed too soft for my liking, even after 2 weeks of curing. Since the soap itself smelled wonderful, and the ingredients were top quality, I decided to try and amend the soap with ingredients that may help make a harder soap.
In order to do so, I had to rebatch the soap, which is basically just shredding it, adding the least amount of liquid possible, and melting it slowly in either a crockpot, or a double boiler.
In my case, since the soap was still quite soft on the inside, I simply cut it into very small pieces and melted it with a tiny amount of coconut oil in a double boiler.
To try and harden the bar, and to absorb some of the generous amount of honey I had put in the original recipe, I added some organic ground up oats and natural beeswax.
The soap, which smelled great before, now smells good enough to eat, and seems to be firmer than the original soap. Well, here's to hoping it will be a great bar of soap when cured!!


No comments:

Post a Comment